A rewarding opportunity for recent Psychotherapy and Counselling Graduates to build up your private practice
Avon Counselling & Psychotherapy Service
is looking for
Graduate Associate Psychotherapists or Counsellors
We are a long-established and highly-regarded psychotherapy and counselling referral service. We also raise funds to offer low-cost therapy to those on a low-income.
We are looking for newly qualified graduates to join ACPS as Graduate Associates for a two-year period. As a Graduate Associate of ACPS we would refer reduced-fee clients to you, after they have been assessed by our referral service. You would then take these clients on as part of your growing private practice, offering long-term or short-term therapy depending on client need, at a sliding scale fee of £25-£35/ session. You would have the possibility of contact with a Member of ACPS on a regular, or as needed basis. We also currently can offer you the shared use of a low-cost consultation room in central Bristol. After a two-year period, Graduate Associates may be invited to apply to join ACPS as full members, depending on service need.
ACPS is based in central Bristol and offers a variety of approaches in psychotherapy and counselling. ACPS is an independent charity founded in 1988 and welcomes applicants from diverse backgrounds.
We would like the APPLICANT to:
- be a graduate of a BACP, UKCP or BPC accredited psychotherapy or counselling training
- be working towards accreditation with BPC, UKCP, or BACP
- have a psychoanalytic, psychodynamic, humanistic, integrative or compatible orientation
- be able to offer low-cost psychotherapy or counselling to clients on a long-term or short-term basis depending on client need
- be able to work on a self-employed basis, including own professional insurance
- be able to work in the Bristol area
If you would like to arrange an exploratory discussion with one of our members please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0117 930 4447.
The application process includes an application form and a 30 minute interview.
Below are links to documents that you will need to complete your application. This email address can also be used if you have any enquiries that are not answered by the documents.