Avon Counselling and Psychotherapy Service is a small, well-established charity. We have been offering professional psychotherapy and counselling for over 30 years in Bristol, Bath and the South West.
ACPS believes in making therapy widely accessible. To this end, we are involved in fund-raising and aim to continue to offer a reduced fee to those on benefits (and to raise money to support therapy for people on a low income).
ACPS welcomes applications from experienced and newly qualified therapists. Follow this link for details. Please note that ACPS is not a training organisation and we are not currently set up to provide placements for trainee counsellors or psychotherapists.
Low-fee Counselling for People affected by Covid-19
If you have been affected by the Covid-19 crisis, are on a low income and feel you would benefit from speaking to a professional counsellor, please contact us. We have a limited number of places available for time-limited counselling at very low cost or in some cases free.
• Front-line and key workers
• Black, Asian and minority ethnic people
• Families/Parents/Lone parents
• Older people
• People in care or suffering serious illness
• People with pre-existing or chronic anxiety conditions
• People struggling financially through loss of employment or loss of earnings
• People who are shielding or struggling with isolation
• People experiencing family or relationship breakdown, or domestic abuse or violence
• Refugees/asylum seekers /immigrants
• People with multiple disabilities
Please note that these places are for short-term therapy and are not suitable for treating complex issues or PTSD.
ACPS and Covid-19
We are still open.
ACPS is currently offering counselling and psychotherapy by telephone or online. Face to face appointments may also be available.
Please follow this link for more information.