Below are some issues that you may be experiencing where psychotherapy can be very helpful. This list is not exclusive.
- Feelings of depression, sadness, emptiness
- Anxiety and stress
- Emotions that can be difficult to manage such as anger, low self-esteem, grief, guilt, shame
- Losses such as divorce, bereavement or work-related
- Difficulty in sustaining relationships; the impact of significant relationships, either from the past or in the present
- Abuse or past experiences that impact the present
- Eating disorders, self-harm, addictions, obsessive behaviour
- Struggling with being a new parent
- Sexual problems
Your therapist will help you to understand the problems and what lies behind them. S/he will take your concerns seriously, listen carefully and respond in depth.