ACPS welcomes applications from qualified Counsellors and Psychotherapists.
Benefits of Membership
- Enjoy the benefits of being part of an organisation while keeping the flexibility and autonomy of private practice
- A flexible source of referrals that allows you to build up your practice or decrease clinical caseload as appropriate
- Opportunity to offer low fee work to people who could not otherwise access professional therapy, without sacrificing income
- Initial client reception and triage is provided by our excellent Client Liaison Officer
- A diverse range of clients, both in terms of their presenting issues and socio-economic background
- Most clients either self- refer, are referred by their GP or statutory services or come through personal recommendation
- Opportunity to be part of an established and respected local organisation with contacts all over Bristol
- Working with colleagues who have different trainings although are all broadly relational
- Peer support
- Cooperative working practices and an opportunity to contribute to shape of the organisation
- CPD opportunities, for example clinical seminars
Types of membership
ACPS has 3 types of membership. Please follow the link for each one to see more information:
1) Full membership. Full members are experienced therapists who are actively involved in running the service.
2) Network Associate. Network Associates are experienced therapists who can receive referrals from ACPS and pay a small annual fee plus a referral fee.
3) Graduate Associate. This is a two-year scheme for recently qualified therapists who receive referrals from us for reduced-fee work in order to build up their private practice.